- Meeting one of the Education / Experience eligibility prerequisites
- Attend this TTS Training Program in its entirety
- Pass the ACT Center TTS Training Program Evaluation with a score of 70%
To take the TTS Training Program Evaluation:
Download the TTS Training Program Evaluation Application Form
National Certificate in Tobacco Treatment Practice (NCTTP)
The new NCTTP is now available! This was developed as a first step on the pathway to national certification.
We encourage all prior and new trainees to apply for this certificate. It is of value for several reasons, including:
- It is a national credential, currently non-renewable
- It may have implications regarding billing for services in the future
- Possession of the NCTTP will hopefully provide a smooth 'grandfathering’ option to ultimate national certification
Obtaining the NCTTP (certificate)
Those meeting the requirements from an accredited TTS Training program are eligible to apply for the NCTTP. Go to www.naadac.org/NCTTP.
National Certification (anticipated)
This is under development. Eligibility requirements should be similar to those for the NCTTP, plus passing a new certification examination. The certification credential is planned as renewable (criteria to be established). Those who already possess the NCTTP may be offered a simplified 'grandfathering' process.
For more information:
- www.attud.org: scroll to the bottom of the homepage